As many of us find ourselves at home more than we’re used to, it’s easy to get distracted with scrolling through social media and forget that this time we have now is such a gift!
Although it is also a very difficult and challenging season for many, we now have more time to invest into our future and potentially make small changes daily that can add up to significant improvements or habits in our lives. If you’re looking for ways to come out of this time at home more productive, healthy, grounded or even more at peace continue reading below a quick list of things I'm trying to implement into my schedule:
1. Organize- Your calendar (daily and weekly schedule), your clothes, that drawer you haven’t looked in for a year, your makeup bag, your finances. I am using this time to get back on track and re-evaluate and organize my life in multiple areas.
2. Move Your Body- there are so many options now for workouts from home, take advantage! Even just getting outside for a walk is so good for you. My typical workout schedule is a workout one day (either body weight or with light weights) and then a run the next day. I alternate them everyday and take a rest on Sundays. It’s always hardest to get started but once you do, your body, mind and soul will thank you!
-Some of my favorite workouts: Nike Training App (FREE) I love @kirstygodso’s workouts, @joeholder has some great workouts too and has been doing live videos, @thesixstudio has amazing live workouts-they are a local yoga/HIIT studio here in Seattle
3. Connect with your spiritual side- for my husband and I that means spending time together reading the Bible in the mornings and praying together. This might be different for you, but even taking time to meditate first thing in the morning will change the whole outlook of your day.
4. Read a book- right now I am reading “Money Master the Game” by Tony Robbins. I have never had so much time to read and I am loving it. If you are getting tired of watching shows all the time, reading is a really calming alternative and you are learning something! An easy place to start-try for 10 pages per day.
5. Start a new social media account- it seems like everyone is starting a Tik Tok account which is because it’s a lot of fun and you can get great organic reach there right now. This is a great time to focus some more time on making content for your YouTube channel, Instagram, blog, or Pinterest.
6. Make some money on the side- if you have a skill that can add value to the lives of others try posting on Upwork or Fiverr. Both great places to do some contractor work on the side.
7. Self Care & Rest- balance is key! There are going to be days where you want to sleep in and that’s okay. Take time to rest and recover from the stresses of daily life. Put on a face mask, watch your favorite show and take some time for yourself.
8. Learn a new skill- there are so many amazing online courses where you can teach yourself a new skill whether it be video editing, website development, animation, online marketing and more! I know people who do these as contractors and make 6 figure incomes all working online, it’s up to you to learn them. Start on YouTube!
9. Get your health under control- this is a great time to do some cooking and choose healthier options while eating at home. For me, it is a lot easier to eat gluten free and dairy free while we have been home. I first started eating this way about 5 years ago due to food intolerances, my mom is a dietitian and has helped me stay on track. If you need help getting on track with your diet and health be sure to check out her website: www.nourishedfunctionalnutrition.com
10. Take time to consider who you are and what you want for your life - journaling is a great way to do this! I like to write down my affirmations and dreams. Affirmations are positive statements about yourself and who you are or strive to be. Writing down your dreams is so powerful because it helps you get excited about the possibilities in your life!
There are so many things you can do with this time, it is really a blessing in a lot of ways. I find that I am never bored at home. This is a list of things that I am choosing to dedicate this extra time to while staying at home more than usual. Which of these things are you most focused on during this time? Let me know if there’s something you’ve been up to that I didn’t list here.
Love & health to you all,